WearLab is a research lab led by Dr. Gozde Goncu-Berk, located in UC Davis,Department of Design. Research in WearLab focuses on the human-centered design of textile-based wearable products especially for health and wellbeing including design for people with special needs such as disabled or sufferers of chronic diseases, children, elderly or athletes. WearLab explores possibilities of electronic textiles and smart clothing, new material and digital fabrication technologies to facilitate design for variety of body types, environmental and activity-based contexts.
WearLab is equipped with the following prototyping and testing equipment. For inquires please contact Gozde Goncu-Berk at email@example.com
- 3D Printer (Raise N1-Dual extruder)
- Wireless Electromyography Device (Delsys 4 channels)
- Electrical Characterization Equipments (Multimeter, Digital Function Generator, Digital Oscilloscope, Impedance Analyzer, LCRmeter)
- CAD Embroidery Machine (Barudan Single Head)
- Coverstitch, overlock and lockstitch sewing machines
- Heat Press, Heat Roller